Y’all know by now that I love traveling to new places and I absolutely adore exploring new hotels. This year I visited 27 different cities total outside my home base of Seattle. That means I stayed in a lot of different hotels. I photographed a lot of hotels. I wrote about a lot of hotels. And I have loved every minute of it. As 2019 comes to an end, it seemed appropriate for me to round up a list of the very best places I stayed; all the hotels on this list are so magnificent that they’re worth building a vacation around. From the charmingly rustic to the extremely lavish, these are my favorite hotels of this year (in no particular order):
1. The Captain Whidbey (Whidbey Island, WA)
See my full blog on the Captain Whidbey here.
2. At the Helm (Ilwaco, WA)
See my full blog on At the Helm here.
3. The Four Seasons San Francisco (California)
See my full blog on the Four Seasons San Francisco here.
4. The Porter Hotel (Portland, OR)
5. The Lodges on Vashon (Vashon Island, WA)
6. Pronghorn Resort (Bend, OR)
See my full blog on The Pronghorn Resort here.
7. The Alida Hotel (Savannah, GA)
8. The Freehand Los Angeles (California)
9. Hotel Peter and Paul (New Orleans)
See my full blog on Hotel Peter and Paul here.
10. The Inn at Discovery Coast (Long Beach, WA)
See my full blog on the Inn at Discovery Coast here.