Sometimes wine tasting can be overwhelming. You return home from a weekend in wine country with a dozen different bottles that you’re sure you loved, but wait – what did I buy that one for again? Enter The Walla Walla 12! This latest promotion from Walla Walla Valley Wine helps you mark your bottles for occasions as you visit local wineries, then later you’ve got your perfect bottle set aside for pizza night, a summer picnic or a fancy steak dinner.
Okay so there’s actually 14 different wine drinking occassions on these stickers, but you only need 12 to get the Walla Walla wine version of bingo and be entered to win some prizes! Here’s how it works:
1. GRAB your Walla Walla 12 stickers, by ordering your sheet online prior to your visit, or picking up at one of our participating wineries.
2. CLAIM your complimentary 6-bottle Walla Walla 12 tote bag at the Visit Walla Walla booth in downtown Walla Walla. Use this bag to start your wine collection, but ask for a case box at one of the wineries you visit so you have a place for all 12 bottles.
3. PICK your bottles to pair with the occasions, with help from tasting room teams
4. SLAP the corresponding occasion sticker on your newly purchased bottles.
5. REPEAT until you’ve created your 12 pack.
6. SHARE your wines with friends and family at home, and with us using #WallaWalla12. Winners will be drawn for prizes monthly!
We are having an absolute blast working our way through the list of occassions (from the fancy to the everyday) and pairing them with wines at different local wineries. Here’s a recount of where we’ve visited and the wines + occasions we’ve covered so far!
- Walla Walla Vintners: Our first stop (and what a stunner!). A brand new patio overlooking the rolling vineyards makes for a magical place to sit and sip. Cheese and charcuterie plates are available for purchase.
The pairing: We picked up Walla Walla Vintner’s 2018 Sangiovese as our Pizza Night wine! You could really go with any Italian varietal here, and we were a big fan of this one.
2. The Walls: Located downtown, The Walls gives off trendy Palm Springs vibes. Their wines are exceptional and there are yummy things on the menu available should you get hungry.
The Pairing: We picked up the Walls 2020 Cruel Summer Rosé as our The Great Outdoors Wine and I don’t think we could have made a better choice. Light and refreshing, this wine is great for patio sitting or late afternoon fishing.
3. Reininger Winery – oh what a lovely spot with expansive views. Founded in 1997, Reininger was the first winery established in the area using fruit exclusively from Walla Walla.
The Pairing: We picked up the 2018 Reininger Carménère for our Taco Tuesday Wine. Carménère pairs well with smoked and grilled meats so beef rib or brisket tacos are a perfect direction to go with these.
4. Brook & Bull Cellars: Beautiful wines in a picturesque setting; Brook & Bull is an absolute delight. This winery is brought to you by the rockstar winemaker Ashley Trout, who has been making wine since she was 18 years old. The tasting room is just as thoughtful and lovely as the wines.
The Pairing: We picked up the lovely 2019 Brook & Bull Malbec as our Summer Picnic Wine. I can already envision us drinking it around a massive spread of cheese, charcuterie, and pickles while picnicking in the backyard 😉