The Metropolitan Market is grocery store paradise for any foodie. From the freshest, local produce, meats and seafood to the highest quality specialty products and in store eats, Met Market has what you’re craving. Met Market has been serving Seattle since 1971, and I’ve been happily shopping there since I moved to Seattle and stumbled upon it in Queen Anne five years ago.
The beloved Seattle supermarket has just launched the “Best of Met” – a program that has identified over 100 items that celebrate the brand’s favorite products and the producers and stories behind them. These outstanding products are now marked in store as “Best of Met” so you know when you’re shopping that these are their all-star produce, pantry provisions and fresh made standbys. I went shopping for my favorite “Best of Met” items this week; here are my top ten faves:
- U-Pick Brown Eggs – Y’all I love eggs so much. Scrambled eggs and a smoothie are my favorite way to start the day. These eggs are delivered to stores twice a week from local farmers so you know they’re super fresh!
2. Met Market Balsamic – I love Caprese salad and Met Market has the ingredients to make the very best starting with their own beautiful balsamic straight from Modena Italy, the birthplace of balsamic. It’s rich and complex with a beautiful, thick consistency.
3. Met Market Mozzarella – When you’re putting together your Caprese salad this summer, don’t forget to grab some of Met Market’s own fresh mozzarella. Their mozzarella is stretched daily by hand by their expert cheese mongers. This cheese also goes great on pizza or just eaten plain.
4. Italian Sparkling Natural Mineral Water – I’m a bit of a sparkling water addict y’all and I love Met Market bubbly water! Refreshing, pure and plenty of fizz, the gently carbonated mineral water is from Galvanina Springs in Northern Italy. I love drinking it with just a squeeze of lemon but it’s also great in cocktails or mocktails!
5. Belgian Chocolate Bars – These chocolate bars are killer, y’all. I cannot stop eating the Dark Chocolate Brazilian Sea Salt; the rich chocolate with the saltiness is to die for. These are made from super decadent, all natural Belgian chocolate.
6. Rotisserie Chicken – The easiest dinner ever! Grab one of these and make some bomb sammies or roast some veggies to go with it and you’ve got a quick and delicious meal. These high quality birds are seasoned to perfection before making their way to the in-store rotisserie.
7. Met Market Italian Sodas – These certified organic sparkling Italian sodas are absolutely delicious and make a great non-alcoholic option to have on hand for your non-drinkers! (I’m also 100% sure they’d be damn good with vodka.)
8. Met Market Olive Oil – It’s a perfect pasta night with Met Market olive oil, dry pastas and pasta sauces. I can’t get enough of this olive oil y’all. It’s crafted from third generation growers in Greek, and has a pretty price point of only $9.99. I go through a lot of this at home.
9. Pasta – Made from 100% Durum Wheat Semolina flour and imported from Italy, you’ll love Met Market’s classic spaghetti, bucatini and rigatoni pastas.
10. Pasta Sauce – Make sure to pick up your favorite Met Market pasta sauce for pasta night! I’m partial to the Arrabbiata because it’s a little spicy. I love their pasta sauces because they are all crafted in small batches and made with just a few real, fresh ingredients (this particular sauce has only 8 ingredients).
Leave a Reply