Savor Seattle has launched a Seattle Solidarity Box and it includes eight different food items from seven different local Black owned businesses and restaurants. Not only do sales benefit each of these Black small business, $5 from every box is donated to Black Lives Matter Seattle. The box pictured above is priced at $94.99 (and there is a larger box available with even more goodies priced at $149.99)! This is such an easy (and immediate) way to support the Black community! Let’s take a look at the yummy things inside!
1. Hallelu-jah! sauce from Junebug’s: Hallelu-jah! sauce is sweet, spicy, and savory and is perfect for dipping, basting and marinading! Try it as on wings, ribs, and salmon! You can buy this deliciousness on their website, along with their cookbook!
Lemon Marmalade from Junebaby: The team at Junebaby is selling delicious jams, granola, and other staples on their website. They’re also offering takeout Thursday through Sunday; more info and menus here.
4. Pike Place Herbs Mix from Herban Farm: This Italian inspired all purpose blend pairs excellent with chicken, fish and beef. Visit their website to purchase this and more of their yummy sauces, seasonings and blends.
5. Burundi Karahe from Boon Boona Coffee: Karehe offers complex melon and dark stone fruit notes, accompanied by a silky body, medium acidity, and honey sweetness. This roast (and many more) are available for order on their website.
6. Lucinda’s Granola from Junebaby: Lucinda’s granola is a wonderful treat for breakfast, coming with currants, sultanas, coconut flake, olive oil, honey, salt, brown sugar, almonds, pistachios, millet, oats, baharat spice mix. Lucinda’s Granola is available for purchase on the Junebaby website here.
8. Applemint Thyme from Thyme Well Spent Catering – This delicious tea is one of many Chef Chantel Jackson does. Sign up for her monthly subscription of premium tea blends here. All are caffeine-free blends with thyme and other botanicals.